Students, today we will be starting our novel Hoot by Carl Hiaasen. We will be using the novel to work through FCAT benchmarks and to become more environmentally conscious. We will have a project that goes along with this novel as well. For the project you will need:
- Poster board
- Glue stick
- Colored pencils or markers
- To choose an endangered species to “adopt”
Once your species is approved, we will work on a poster to convince people to “save” them.
In class today, you will go on your online book and read:
- “Meet Carl Hiaasen” pg. 100
- The excerpt from Hoot pg. 101-105
- “Keep Reading” pg. 105
- Go to “Discuss It” tab at the top of this page
- Begin reading the novel
- FCAT Explorer Passwords
No comments yet.