Students, today we will be reading another in our mystery series. Actually, both sixth and eighth grade alike should enjoy this tale. It comes from a local writer named Carl Hiaasen, and it even features a movie at the end if we are really good about our reading assignments! So, let’s get things started with some warmups:
- What is a mystery? What makes a good mystery in your opinion?
- Think about something mysterious that happened in your own life.
- In your composition book, write about the experience (one paragraph). Remember, it doesn’t have to be spooky or scary to be a mystery. Just something you needed to figure out.
- Peer editing of your paragraph (we will refer to the peer-editing symbols for this).
- Peer-editing symbols are here https://paperfreeclass.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/editor-marks.gif
No comments yet.