Edit: 2/11/2013 – Today I need to see your submissions on the Essay Smart site. You will have some time to finish up and submit your work. Do not leave the Scoring Page until I have recorded your grade.
Hello students! Today we are going to continue with our Digital Learning Experience. We have the FCAT Writes test coming up at the end of this month, so we are going to merge paper and pencils with pixels and megabytes.
- Complete Daily Grammar Assignment on Adverbs http://dailygrammar.com/Lesson-49-Adverbs.htm
- We will be planning to write the following essay prompt:
Through the years new inventions have changed the way we live. Think about one invention that has had an impact on the way you live. Now write to explain to your teacher how this invention has changed your life.
- You will be using the style of the planning sheet from the “Essay Writing” tab above. The planning will be done in your Composition Book
- You will be writing this essay online and submitting it through Classzone.com under “Essay Smart”
- Plan and then type your essay – save it in Microsoft Word in your Student Portal
- Then sign-in to Classzone.com and open up “Essay Smart”
- Find the prompt from above under “Expository” Essays
- Submit your essay by copying and pasting from your Word document
- You will receive a score based on your submission. If the score is too low or unscorable, you need to make whatever changes are necessary to bring it up
- We may also submit this through Edmodo so keep your saved copy handy